Looks like mmm_cooking is the winner in the battle of the names. I don't have anything up there at the moment, I'll work on that tonight, but do join.
The purpose of mmm_cooking community is to:
- Share recipes.
- Share exciting food tales (moments of piracy and/or interstellar travel a plus. Bonus for dramatic love stories, especially ones that defy death. Interesting villains with complicated stories are especially welcome, but don't try to redeem your villain with a lame plot device.)
- Share cooking horror stories (moments of piracy and/or interstellar travel expected, but not required. Bring your own horror soundtrack and you get a prize if you defied death or a sound of awe if you didn't and are posting from Beyond).
- If you have questions, need some tips or how to fix a recipe to suit your food preferences, or just want to know how to make Delicious and Delectable Things, post it and someone will answer.
- Find a baking expert, because dude, I am so not a baker.
- Worship at the altar of my awesome, awesome sakura knife. (Not an actual sakura knife, but just an awesome all around knife perfect for slicing and dicing anything, which I call my sakura knife.)
- Post pics of delicious food behind an lj-cut, although I will post none because my computer blows.
- Delight in cuisine from around the world.
- Share restaurant stories, whether they be good and bad, even if they're fast food (and yes, making fun of McDonald's new "I'd hit it" campaign is SO on topic. I'm lovin' it...hardcore)
- Sometimes have challenges akin to Make This Recipe. However you're never forced to actually make the recipe, just invited to try it, because I'm nice like that.
- Mock Sandra Lee. Oh wait. That's my job. Er. Talk about Food TV or any cooking shows, whether they be negative, positive, or questioning.
- Talk about weird/funny/unusual food guilty pleasures. Except mayo because ugh. Mayo is banned from mmm_cooking
- Anything else, including the kitchen sink.
Are you a good cook? Awful? Never really tried and fear stoves and knifes and pans? (And I understand the fear of pans, for yes they are indeed VERY scary.) Want to learn? Have no desire to, but want to watch virtual cookery?
Join mmm_cooking. Because someday, I will find a recipe for how to make donuts with zero calories that taste exactly like regular donuts. Or die trying. Mmm...donuts.
Huh. Looks like I have a temporary comm info page as well.
And I do know that some of y'all are interested (for voting equals interest yes? :-P), so don't make me start stripping to get people interested in joining. Because I will and I'll probably get tangled up in my pants, trip, and die.
And you don't want that, do you?