This happened because:
- I was 12 years old and my mother's friend (the same person who told me to read Flowers in the Attic and yes, I read several books in the series) said to me, as she and my mom left to go, um, don't even remember where they were going, "Oh, yes, you should watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show."
As they were airing it on TV one October day. I watched it. GASPED. There were boys in makeup! And corsets! Oh, and there was sex. Sex of a boy-on-boy, girl-on-boy, girl-on-girl nature. And there was Tim Curry. Tim. Effing. Curry.
12 years old. Downhill from there.
- Farscape had John drunkenly waking up from a night where he may or may not have had an orgy with his best buddy, wearing short-short underwear and thigh-highs. HI, Ben Browder's legs!
- Me and this 'ho, ignited were spazzy over our love of Remus/Sirius (Harry Potter) and mocking bad R/S fic where one of the boys gets turned into this weepy overwrought female romance novel cliche, so we wrote a crack ficlet where Remus acts like he's in a bodice ripper fic and Sirius is very confused at Remus being a nambly-pamby weepy romance herione. Then Stef made a bodice ripper icon. AHEM.
- I wrote Perversions, a Doctor Who kink fic last summer, which has a length scene of Rose pegging the Doctor and yep, he's wearing makeup and a corset. CLEARLY I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE.
- reel_spn put The Rocky Horror Picture Show as one of the prompts.
- I took it. ignited, now totally invested in SPN fic, tells me how she came across this fic comm and how she wants to do RHPS and we decide to totally co-write.
- She makes insanely amazing graphics, which are displayed throughout the story.
- We lose our minds some more and keep on sending back the fic all "this part sucks, ZOMG." And then announce to the other how much HATE we have for the other person...because of course that part "which totally sucks" is insanely awesome.
- Somehow, we manage to finish and post the fic before the midnight deadline last night. A labor of love and madness.
Thus, a fic is born.
Supernatural, Double Feature (The Winchester Horror Picture Show)
NC-17, a Wincest story, but there is slash with Frank and incidental het.
Oh, how I lied to Stef. "It'll be 12K, max." Freaking liar, it was 15K and I PROMISED not to go over that, because, dude, coding is tricky and she made an insane amount of graphics to link into the story. And we linked the music. The glorious music. Which we had to decide on which songs could stay and what had to go.
Because if I was so inclined, I would have them all in, but the story would be 50,000 words. OR MORE because I am a wordy motherfucker.
There was also the issue of making songs, specific to the events in the RHPS story, work in a fic where we switched up the plot to make it credible, even though I was very much, "I just want to get the boys stripped down and screwing. Is that so wrong?" I mean, when you have the Winchester boys, you don't need Dr. Frank-N-Furter to make the perfect man, he already will have TWO of them.
I think this weekend, I'm going to do a sort of fic commentary, or rather a post on how the final version of the story was developed. Many, many hours were spent, I am so not kidding.
Because in the end, this is a story for me and Stef. It's something I would want to read, over and over again.
Man, and making the songs organic to the situations? TRICKY as fuck. Sweet Transvestite wound up being the hardest one to get properly because the movie has so much going on in that scene, so much action, a LOT OF moving around and facial expressions, and it was really important to make it play well against Dean and Sam.
I'm so happy that I got Dean to react again the Steve Reeves line with "got any Steve McQueen?" Or him getting annoyed at being offered help of a Satanic Mechanic. Dean/Car love!
Despite panic over "The Floor Show" - I think it flowed quite well. Um, and Don't Dream It, Be It is now THE song for Sam/Dean.
Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nightmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Can't you just see it?
Damn. That's it, that's what I need to hear to get into a Wincest frame of mind.
Now I must return, for serious, to a het threesome frame of mind. INSANELY dirty things will happen and it involves Dean's tongue.