That and the rain is making me a bit grumpy.
But nevertheless, I'm going to make sure that I'm in a better mood. I am incredibly grateful to so many people, you have no idea.
Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered... whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a _____ icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
Christmas wish list:
1) A lovely fic of the smutty/porny variety- 1000 to 2000 words, in any of the following fandoms:
- Harry Potter (Remus/Sirius, Remus/Sirius/Other threesomey goodness, or Remus/Lily with Sirius lurve/angst)
- BtVS/AtS dark/angst smut!fic (Pairings I love the mostest: Buffy/Angel, Buffy/Angel/Spike, Angel/Spike, Faith/Wes, Buffy/Faith, Buffy/Wes, or Lilah/Wes)
- Pirates of the Caribbean (Jack/Will, Jack/Elizabeth, or Elizabeth/Jack/Will)
- Farscape (John/Aeryn or John/Chiana with Aeryn angst)
- The O.C. (Seth/Ryan, Ryan/Zach)
(Heh, I’m so bossy.)
3) Region 1 DVDs. I would adore:
4) Gift certificates to Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
And on the image the following text:
And in the darkness, I won’t bend. I shall continue on and seek for that eternal day, even if the sun shall never rise, my journey shall not end. For there are fairytales to be broken and memories to be stolen and when the hurricane comes, I shall be there. I shall stand at the waves to greet the very first stir of wind and the infinite rain, while all of reality comes crashing down with a forgotten smile.
I can do that in poetry format as well.
On second thought? Damn, I am way too picky about these things. Sorry.
8) Have you never read one of my stories? Or you’d like to read one? Please do and feedback. ;-)
9) Remix my fic “all fall down,” so we see dark or confused and angry Sirius or what he’s doing at the same points of history as Remus does, while maintaining the final line/or a similar sort of ending.
10) Send Me to Texas. No, really. I know it sounds strange, but I’m going to Texas to see some of my most beloved friends, and even a dollar helps me to pay my ticket as my savings account is very sucktastic at the moment (the pitfalls of being a college student and momentarily jobless). Now, I’m just posting this here, because it’s something I really want, but I DON’T really expect this wish to be fulfilled. So really, don’t worry about this one. Just one of those really selfish wishes.
So instead, here's the ten I can live with:
10. Drabbles. I love drabbles. Write me one in any of the above-mentioned fandoms, no pairing necessary, any characters (except for HP: I only like reading Marauder-era characters in fanfic).
To contact me, use the old standby of firstname.lastname@example.org, unless you'd like to write fic, then just comment on this post that you’d like to write something. (And as I’m doing the ’12 Days of Reg’s Ficathon,’ it’s highly likely I’ll end up writing a drabble or ficlet for you in response.)
When I finish my papers, I need to hunt around for all the other wishlists out there.