It took FOREVER TO WRITE THIS UP. Sometimes it is coherent. Mostly it is *FLAIL*
- Okay Show, you've decided to use Greek Mythology. Sexy sirens. Excellent, I foresee absolutely no homosexual subtext inherent in such a mythos.
- Strippers, eh? Dean's delight at finally having a case merge with strippers was a joy to behold. How many times have they investigated possible cases in the hopes that there would be stripping only for it to turn out to be a wash? ;-)
- Jasmine. Ariel. Aurora. Belle. I caught that. EW. Maybe it's because of the post I made yesterday about Disney Princesses, the fact that my first doggie was called Jasmine after Aladdin (we called her Jazzy), or because OMG SPN DON'T PORN UP MY CHILDHOOD.
A reenactment of the moment of realization:
Me - "Hey...those stripper names are all Disney Princesses!"
Room - "...EW."
- Too bad Nick had to be an evil siren.
- PSYCH. YAY FOR NICK BEING AN EVIL SIREN. Why am I celebrating, why let me give you SURPRISE AWESOME NUMBERED POINTS OF AWESOMENESS
1. Sex and violence intertwined, sex - the act of orgasm the little death. Bodily fluid transfering from the siren to its victims. You know what this means.
2. Dean got snowballed.
3. The siren came all over Sam's face.
- No, no. Don't thank me. Thank SPN. Or um, me and Memphis DYING BECAUSE OF THIS EP.
- DID I MENTION THAT DEAN READ THE MOTHERFUCKIN' ODYSSEY. WHAT. Was it the "wine-dark sea" that got you hot and bothered there, Dean? God. Dean, I love you. Don't ever change.
- But OMG calling out Sam's previous Death Cock experiences as a reason for Cara being evil was Not On and a totally smackable offense.
- Cara ILU. I would write epic paragraphs on my love of you, you are fierce and awesome with your appreciation of parts of Sam OMG WHAT Let's do lunch, I don't care that you're fictional.
- Based on the tone of Sam's voice, Dean can tell when he's just had sex. *makes a note* Obviously he can tell when Sam's jerked off, then. INTERESTING HOW YOU'RE ALL UP IN SAM'S SEX LIFE, DEAN. Very interesting.
- All Dean wants is Sam. Not a stripper, not a passing sexual conquest, someone to make him feel good in a relatively shallow way. He wants his forever. He wants Sam.
- I totally didn't mean that in a slashy way. I mean, the first time I typed it out I was trying to talk about it in a gen type of way. But. Um. WOW.
- In one of the gayest episodes ever, we get a het sex scene of two people mutually having sex for sex's sake, not for love or some manufactured connection/wanting to feel alive. This show loves me.
- UGH THERE IS SO MUCH I WANT TO DISCUSS. I AM BLANKING ON THE AWESOME.
- Bobby's Kiss the Cook Apron. SO MUCH YES.
- And his Phone Bank. Jesus. That got my logic brain all hot.
- The ending of the ep was admittedly very weak from where the final confrontation left the boys. HOWEVER. Do y'all remember me joking about the boys confronting their feeling under a viaduct? Jesus, they were close. Scenic settings = they wrap the episodes so you don't have to write an ending, am I right?
- No. BUT THE EP WAS GAY PERFECTION. I cannot complain when I've shackled my soul to a certain promise of producing post-ep PORN thanks to this wonderfullment. \o/