Major highs and lows, starting at the bottom where my throat decided it had been too long and I really needed to choke in public because that's exactly something that's not embarrassing at all. It took forever until I was able to swallow down water without choking. Ugggh.
Then my sister K surprised me with a surprising visit on Monday! I was excited until I choose poorly and drank of the poisoned Thai Iced Tea which wrecked me so badly I was horribly sick the next day. I vaguely recovered and made it all the way to Friday without dying, so yay, there was seeing of Alice of Wonderland and meeting some of cathybites's cool peoples!
I felt great. Finally, my bouts of illness were a thing of the past. Post-movie I went out with ignited, memphis86, and loony_moony and her much cooler sister for a late dinner and then my body ONCE AGAIN decided that I deserved pain.
So the next day there was continued crappitude and I couldn't make it to dinner with alleynyc, a2zmom and nariya. I felt awful for not being able to see you guys but I would have been pretty awful company, possibly groaning in pain. I'm a trifle dramatic when I'm sick.
Yesterday I felt better though which means today I'll probably get stung by a bee and DIE. (Even though I'm not allergic to bee stings.)
Fuck you too, winter. I now hope that false spring will not torment me.
80 Questions that I'm answering because you won't GET IN MY CAR:
1. What curse word do you use the most?
Fuck. Best word ever.
2. Do you own an iPod?
I have a clip on Shuffle (best thing for working out for serious), a Nano (um, I think it's 2nd generation, it's the squat one that can play videos), and an iTouch.
3. What person on your flist do you talk to the most?
I don't talk to my flist because I hate them all.
4. What time is your alarm clock set to?
5:30am, 6:23am, 6:55am.
I have to trick myself into waking up.
5. Do you still remember the first person you kissed?
6. Do you remember where you were on 9/11/01?
Ugh, I've talked about this at length before, but I was driving to college (Freshmen year), about five minutes away when it broke on the Howard Stern show. I listened for as long as I could but I (foolishly) headed into biology class where my jackass of a professor REFUSED TO LET US LEAVE to find out wtf was going on. Then I went home after that class and felt raw and angry and exposed.
7. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
If I was not doing incriminating activities and I looked good in the photo, I'd want to be in the picture.
So I'd rather take the picture then.
8. What was the last movie you watched?
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. I was very tired after doing a RIDICULOUS amount of laundry yesterday.
They took...someone...to Isengard.To. Isengard.
9. Do any of your friends have children?
Yes'm. And my sister's boyfriend has a kid who disturbingly calls me Aunt [Reg].
10. Has anyone ever called you lazy?
YOU'RE LAZY. And yes. I call myself lazy because I am.
11. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep?
Neverrrrrr unless I am dying of a cold in which case I take a small amount of Ny-Quil.
12. What cd is currently in your cd player?
Is this a serious question?
13. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
I like 2% milk, hold the chocolate.
14. Has anyone told you a secret this week?
Yes. She got the SCURVY from a certain actor I'll call J but don't worry it'll clear up if she keeps eating her RASPBERRIES.
15. When was the last time you had Starbucks?
Huh. I don't remember. It must have been several months. I might have gone this whole winter without a Starbucks hot chocolate.
I hate coffee.
16. Can you whistle?
A little but it's a very low, whispery whistle. I am envious of my mom's superior whistling abilities.
17. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
18. What are you looking forward to?
This weekend. I miss my wee doggie.
19. Did you watch cartoons as a child?
ALL OF THEM.
20. Do you own any band t-shirts?
Huh. I actually don't. The only t-shirts I have with graphics are my silly Glarkware shirts.
Unless Dwight's ARMY OF CHAMPIONS has branched out to conquer the music world.
21. What will you be doing in one hour?
Setting the world ON FIRE.
22. Is anyone in love with you?
You are. This is awkward because I hate you.
23. What was the last song you heard?
24. When was the last time you cried?
Watching the Dog Whisperer last night. I want a dooooooooooog.
25. Are you on a desktop computer or a laptop?
26. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?
No and never.
27. What’s the weather like?
THERE IS THIS YELLOW DISC IN THE AIR. I FEAR IT AND THE CRUEL BLUE SKY. WHAT ARE THESE THINGS?
28. Would you ever date a girl/guy covered in tattoos?
Yes if the tattoos were awesome.
29. What did you do before this?
Nothing. I've been waiting for these questions my entire life.
30. When is the last time you slept on the floor?
Oh Jesus. Many, many years ago? I have a screwed up neck and need a couch at least.
31. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
At least seven. If I oversleep, I can't function as well.
32. Do you eat breakfast daily?
I try to! At the very least, I stretch breakfast in a late brunch on the weekends.
33. Are your days fast-paced?
It's a thrill-a-minute.
34. What did you do last night?
Watched The Amazing Race, got tired, watched something or other afterwards, then went to bed.
35. Do you use sarcasm?
I don't understand the question and I won't respond to it.
36. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
28. This question is unfair, man. I just had a birthday.
37. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
Hilariously I am which is sad since I'm such a shitty speller.
38. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Yes but it's my least favorite amusement park.
39. Do you get along better with the same sex or the opposite sex?
I despise everyone equally. I have more female friends than male at the moment but eh, it doesn't really matter to me.
40. Do you like mustard?
I love mustard. I only like it on certain things. Like I do not believe in putting mustard on hamburgers but I'll drown corned beef in cabbage (OMG ST. PATRICK'S DAY YOU ARE SO CLOSE) in the stuff. I only like Gulden's or similar spicy brown mustard. Fuck that yellow mustard nonsense.
41. Do you sleep on your side?
Yes but I do change sides when I'm sleeping. I'm a heavy sleeper but I do unfortunately move around a bit. I can't fall asleep on my stomach at all.
42. Do you watch the news?
Occasionally. I tend to watch the news more during elections, admittedly that's a bad habit. I'm not counting The Daily Show/Colbert Report. (OTP.)
43. How did you get one of your scars?
Last year I stupidly agreed to slice all the garlic and onions for my mom's corned beef and cabbage without a) using my favorite knife and b) not eating or drinking anything. I was very light-headed and sliced right into my thumb, actually cutting into the nail. I waited forever in the emergency room, feeling super-woozy, and then the fucking on-call doctor stitched up my thumb wrong. I had to go to my own doctor to have him give me the RIGHT information to taking care of the wound and I wasn't able to fully use my thumb for a while. Now because of the badly done stitches, the nerve endings in my thumb are messed up and the scar has sort of dented the pad of my thumb.
44. Who was the last person to make you mad?
An asshole on the subway who decided to do Zack Galifianakis's SNL monologue on the subway ride this morning at 8:00am.
45. Do you like anybody?
46. What is the last thing you purchased?
A bagel and a diet Snapple. Wait, is this a serious purchase question? Um, eyeshadow and lipstick at Sephora a few weeks ago, I guess. I currently have my eye on the Avatar: The Last Airbender dvds and an external hard drive for my computer but that's as far as I'll go purchase-wise. Gotta save my money for groceries and some necessary beautifying stuff: hair cut, pedicure, etc.
47. What side of the heart do you draw first?
48. Can you dive without plugging your nose?
Yeah. I tend to get waterlogged in the ears rather than the nose.
49. What colour is your razor?
50. What is your blood-type?
AB Positive. GIVE ME ALL YOUR BLOOD. I need to make a blood bank...for myself.
51. Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours?
Um, no one because I would not like being tied to anything.
52. What is a rumor someone has spread about you?
That I am a life-ruiner. I ruin people's lives.
53. How do you feel about carrots?
I cook with them frequently but I don't like eating them on their own because I find them to be too sweet.
54. How many chairs at the dining room table?
Four for normal occasions and six to eight for larger dinners.
55. Which is the best Spice Girl?
This question is invalid.
56. Do you know what time it is?
No. Tell me.
57. Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince Theme Song?
You didn't ask me to recite them.
I love the macros incorporating the lyrics.
58. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator?
Since that will probably happen one day because the elevators at my office building are hella sketch, I would call my office manager and let him know I'm stuck and ask him to call the super.
59. What’s your favourite kind of gum?
One that lasts for a long time. I can never remember which one it is, but I know it's not wintergreen. I used to always have pineapple-coconut gum but I had to give it up because my jaw suuuuuucks.
60. T or F: All’s fair in love and war?
If T is to F then F is Y then Z is to Q then Q is to FABULOUS which is not F then T or is it F?
61. Do you have a crush on anyone?
62. Do you know how to use some words correctly, but not know the meaning?
I don't know how to use words.
63. Do you like to sleep?
Only during the night. I get furious when I wake up after napping.
64. Do you know which US states don’t use Daylight Savings Time?
I know of them.
65. Do you know the song Total Eclipse of the Heart?
FOREVER'S GONNA START TONIGHT
66. Do you want a bright yellow ‘06 mustang?
God no. Yellow, next to red, is my least favorite color for cars. I'll take my pre-death recall Toyota Corolla, thanks.
I would do improper things to get a GTO, however.
67. What’s something you’ve always wanted?
The impossible: a rent-controlled apartment in a perfect location in NYC.
68. Do you have hairy LEGS?
Uh. Why the emphasis on LEGS? Sort of? My leg hair is freakish: 100% blonde on my thighs except where I can't shave because of my *delicate* skin and reddish-black on my lower legs, which I do shave, about 2 to 3 times a week.
69. Would you rather swim in the ocean or a lake?
I prefer oceans to lakes because lake fish creep me out.
70. Do you wear a lot of black?
Ha. Ha. Ha.
I do vary it up by wearing a lot of patterned black pants even though most of my shirts are solid black. I have some colors I incorporate but, um, I am fond of black.
71. Describe your hair:
It is in need of a trim now that winter is OVER. It's strawberry blonde and gets lighter in the summer. It's slightly wavy and I will have real volume again now that I won't have to deal with static shock city anymore YAY. I wear it normally several inches past my shoulders and I have it cut straight across except that it angles upwards a little to frame my face. In theory. If I styled it. Which I don't. Because my hair can dry in the morning without needing to be attended to. I get compliments for my hair and I am grateful for them because I shed everywhere (Curse of the Redheads).
72. Do you have Entomophobia?
Not really. I don't like stinging bugs but after you get stung by a yellow jacket, you will never like those fuckers.
73. Are you an adult?
I'm a wheelbarrow.
74. Where is/are your best friend(s)?
In my dungeon and if I give you their names, you might try to free them.
75. Do you have a tan?
Lolz. I don't tan. I burn horribly and I freckle. The freckling annoys me more.
76. Are you a television addict?
What is this, I don't even.
77. Do you enjoy spending time with your mother?
I do now because I live far away from her. But I get along with her the most out of all my sisters. The trick to my mom is let to her tire herself of her moments of crazy and then she will calm down and be okay to be around. She's actually the most caring and least selfish member of my family unit. So yeah, I don't mind hanging out with her at all.
78. Are you a sugar freak?
No because I am destined for diabetes (both sides of my family tree) and I must train myself to hate sugar.
79. Do you like orange juice?
On the rarest occasions because, see above, sugar is not good for me in the long run. I do love citrus, though.
80. What sign are you?
Aquarius on the cusp of Pisces.